Project “Highway Star” is a 1970 Dodge Challenger with a mix of Viper and Hellcat parts. The goal is to create a vehicle that turns, stops and accelerates on a world class level. This will be achieved by combining the timeless lines of the ’70 Challenger with track proven Viper suspension and a powerful Hellcat 6.2 HEMI engine. This is one car that will get a lot of attention.
- SEMA 2020 is just the beginning!
- Silver State Classic Challenger
- Big Bend Open Road Race
- SCCA Time Trials and Time Trials Nationals
- Virginia City Hillclimb
- Sandhills Open Road Race
- Super Lap Battle Time Attack
- And many more!
Using the Hellcat 6.2L supercharged engine is a no brainer. Our Mantic Clutch triple disc for the Hellcat was chosen to connect the horsepower to ground.
- Read about the Highway Star 1970 Challenger SEMA project
- Viper Chassis stretched approx.. 13” to match the Challenger Body
- Challenger fenders widened more than 1.5 inches each, bringing the total added width to almost 4”
- Custom made hood made to clear engine components, built from R/T hood
- Frame sourced from total loss, fire damaged Viper
- 1970 Challenger body from badly rusted and poorly restored basket case. No Mopars were killed to create this beast!
- Car will feature a sparse interior with full roll cage, driver and passenger seats, a factory-style dash with Stewart Warner gauges, 6 point harnesses and a fire suppression system
- All fabrication including frame, body, roll cage, headers and exhaust is done in house
- The vehicle will roll on Viper-spec wheels and tires, with 12” wide tires up front and 13” wide tires in back, 295/30R18 and 335/30z18, that’s some serious rubber
- Upgraded Viper coil overs, brakes, cooking and aerodynamic enhancements as well as a functional splitter, diffuser and spoiler
- The project name, Highway Star, is a song by Deep Purple
- COOL IT Thermo-Tec - Heat and Noise Barrier
- Fl Interchillers - Special Heat Shielding Spacers; Water and Air Cooler
- Granatelli Motor Sports | GMS - 105mm Throttle Body, Coils, Thermostat
- Hawk Performance - Brake Pads
- Hot Rod Fuel Hose - Fittings and Hoses
- HP Tuners, LLC - Tuning Solutions
- Mantic Clutch USA - Clutch
- Moroso Performance Products - Oil filter relocation, wheel tubs, catch cans
- Northern Radiator - Radiator, Supercharger cooler, Oil cooler, fan and shroud
- Ron Francis Wiring - Wiring; Harnesses
- SDG Motorsports - Billet Supercharger snout, Low profile Coolant manifolds, billet, ported bearing plate
- Shields | FORM/TEC Plastics, Inc. - Windshield & Windows
- Stewart Warner - Gauges; Information Provided to the Drivers
- Year One - Muscle Car Parts